Selling Digital Content
Stephen Downes says that "the market for online content is two-time order of magnitude smaller than traditional - that is, if it cost $100 originally, it should cost $1 online.". This reinforces what I keep telling organisations that want to get rich quick by selling their educational content online. The business model is very different from selling widgits. Learning content is not a physical object for sale, and I feel that the best way to sell it is through a combined offering of services and content. This will add context to your content.Stephen's Web ~ Knowledge ~ Learning ~ Community
Stephen Downes says that "the market for online content is two-time order of magnitude smaller than traditional - that is, if it cost $100 originally, it should cost $1 online.". This reinforces what I keep telling organisations that want to get rich quick by selling their educational content online. The business model is very different from selling widgits. Learning content is not a physical object for sale, and I feel that the best way to sell it is through a combined offering of services and content. This will add context to your content.Stephen's Web ~ Knowledge ~ Learning ~ Community


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home