Harold's Blog

Welcome to Harold Jarche's personal blog. This is where I discuss things beyond the intersection of learning, work & technology. Maybe politics, the environment or whatever catches my fancy.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

The Cluetrain Manifesto

After having read the manifesto online, in bits and pieces, over the past few years, I went out and purchased the book. It's now in paperback, so not too expensive. It was a great read again, and even though the authors state that it is not a business book, it provides a good lens though which to view our networked world. One of my favourite paragraphs is in the last chapter:

"Fact is, we don't care about business -- per se, per diem, au gratin. Given half a chance, we'd burn the whole constellation of obsolete business concepts to the waterline. Cost of sales and bottom lines and profit margins -- if you're a company, that's your problem. But if you think of yourself as a company, you've got much bigger worries. We strongly suggest you repeat the following mantra as often as possible until you feel better: "I am not a company. I am a human being.""
The Cluetrain Manifesto — Entire Text Index Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home