Standards are about Interoperability
I started to use OpenOffice because it was free. Now I use it because the word processor is better than Word or WordPerfect. I also like the fact that I can require a sub-contractor or partner to use it for a specific project, without additional costs to them. In addition, OpenOffice is XML based, and open to many other programs. Want to learn more about standards, open source and interoperability? Follow the link to Robin Good's excellent article. Standards: Do We Really Need Them? - Robin Good' Sharewood Tidings
I started to use OpenOffice because it was free. Now I use it because the word processor is better than Word or WordPerfect. I also like the fact that I can require a sub-contractor or partner to use it for a specific project, without additional costs to them. In addition, OpenOffice is XML based, and open to many other programs. Want to learn more about standards, open source and interoperability? Follow the link to Robin Good's excellent article. Standards: Do We Really Need Them? - Robin Good' Sharewood Tidings


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home